Monday, September 5, 2016

How many books have you read, мямля?

Greetings!

So, what is a book? Of course, it's usually source of knowledge. And I don't want to argue with it. But I want to ask, what is more important: book or information in this book? It's obvious.

Today is 21th century. Smartphones, laptops, Internet,... opened doors for our world. Speed of information's appearing increase in geometric progression. So, if we wrote all this information in books, we wouldn't know what is a tree :)

I don't read a lot of books. I am dependent on the internet :). If I want to learn something, I open google.com and write my question...

Do you want to listen and see an explanation? Please, open youtube.
Do you want to read an explanation? Please, open wikipedia.

But:
-DO YOU THINK THAT THIS INFORMATION IS CORRECT?!!11! I DON'T BELIEVE FOR THE INTERNET!!11!
-So, can you prove, that all information in the book is true?
-... 

I don't deny, that sometimes information in the internet has mistakes. But it doesn't mean, that books always have only truth information. I can say more, all information, which we give from knowledge sources can be false.

For example, we know, that our planet has ball form. It seems obvious, but have you ever seen it? Have you ever try to prove it? I don't think so. But we all know, that is true. Yeah, we know...

I forget, why I have created this post. Oh yes. Do you still think, that people should ask this question? In my humble personal opinion, it is more correct: how much information you got, analysed and used. And it is not important, where you got this information.

Thanks for reading! Thanks for Torwald Olafsen, who gave me food for thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment